Following the acquisition of larger premises to allow it to take advantage of a significant increase in demand, 3T RPD has become, what it believes is, the UK’s first production Additive Manufacturing (AM) ‘one stop shop’ by adding a complete finishing facility to its metal manufacturing capability.
3T’s new finishing facility augments its complete AM production front-end process services, such as design for AM, R+D, training, NPI and powder management. The addition of a high performance finishing capability will allow 3T RPD to supply the complete metal AM process chain from design to delivery, improve its customer offering, have greater control over the key AM processes and reduce delivery lead times.
As part of its capacity upscaling, 3T’s metal finishing facility now includes:
- A high-end GF 5-Axis CNC milling machine
- Vibro-polisher, which can provide a better than 0.8Ra finish on metal components
- Aluminium heat treatment oven
- Vacuum furnace giving them ability to provide high-integrity heat treatment for Titanium, Inconel and other key AM alloys
- These improvements in 3T’s finishing capacity combined with the company’s larger premises ensure that the whole AM process from design to delivery can be completed in-house
“3T RPD’s increase in finishing capacity has been in response to customer demand” said 3T’s longstanding CEO, Ian Halliday “Over the last 10 years the 3T team has developed the company from an RP supplier to a fully-fledged and aerospace capable AM production company which is supplying companies around the world with precision parts”. He continued that the additional finishing capacity will also speed up delivery times and enable the company to remove the need to rely on outside suppliers for finishing processes.