3T is at the forefront of laser-based Additive Manufacturing (AM), also known as 3D Printing, in the UK, being the leading provider for both plastic and metal AM parts to a diverse range of industries including Aerospace, Automotive, F1 and Medical. We have a strong and motivated team and will grow significantly over the next 5-10 years in this exciting new field.
By joining 3T you will be working for a forward-looking, growing company whose focus is on providing the best quality and highest level of customer service. You can be a part of the future for British manufacturing and use some of the latest innovative technologies and processes. A friendly, professional and positive group of like-minded people, everyone at 3T is proud of the success the company has achieved to date, and is committed to ensuring we continue to be the best in the industry.
We currently have the following vacancies:
The Role: This is a key role in the Quality Team with opportunity for career progression over the next 5-10 years. We are keen to recruit a professional with strong values, high work ethic, team-orientated and hard-working to join our company. For this role we require an excellent communicator to develop the quality support that we offer our customers and suppliers.
Main duties include:-
- Main point of contact for customers regarding 3T quality requirements and assess customer quality requirements during New Order Reviews.
- Manage customer complaints, returns and concessions.
- Maintain the Approved Supplier List and perform on-site supplier audits.
- Manage supplier returns, supplier CAR and concessions.
- Manage and control manufacturing process.
- Ensure product-related and supplier-related NCRs are progressed through the NCR CAPA system in a timely manner, including carrying out the problem-solving activities to ensure root causes are identified and resolved.
- Auditing our manufacturing processes as part of the internal audit system.
- Carry out risk reviews (inc. FMEAs) as part of the order contract review process.
- Create Local Work Instructions and carrying out staff training.
- Collate and analyse key production data.
- Implement better practices.
- Conduct QMS, Product and Process audits to AS9100.
- Engage with cross functional departments within a Value Stream.
- Drive down concessions, deviations and non-conformances using modern improvement methods.
- Empower Operators, Inspectors and Production personal to embrace problem solving / continuous improvement.
- Ensure any customer concerns are permanently eradicated via thorough preventative measures.
- Experience with the product life cycle for Automotive products
- Maintain quality standards.
- Monitor and drive improvements in internal quality.
- Problem solving using the 7-step approach.
- Ensure audit reports comply with quality standards.
- Manage and coach Quality Technicians.
- Manage the internal quality database.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement, FMEA, FTA, 8D and DFSS.
- Understand APQP, PPAP requirements to drive zero-defect culture.
- Degree or HNC qualified, apprentice trained or equivalent experience.
- Good understanding of AS9100, EASA Sub part 21G, SABRe etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to permanently eliminate concessions etc. using 8D, 5why, FMEA etc.
- English, Maths, literacy to a good competence level.
- Quality or process qualifications would be beneficial.
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing or casting industry is desirable.
- Time served apprenticeship beneficial but not a requirement.
- Sound engineering knowledge desirable.
- Hand tool, workshop or model-making skills beneficial, good at working with your hands
- Understanding of working with different materials.
- Good understanding of quality requirements and procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail, good time management, positive attitude, team worker and flexible.
- Good communication and IT skills.
- Strong ‘can do’ attitude and work ethic with an organised and tidy approach to work.
- Excellent at prioritising daily tasks and objectives.
- Enjoys communicating with a wide range of people and is able to discuss problems and work to a resolution in a positive, constructive manner.
- Working to tight deadlines within a dynamic/busy environment.
The Role: This is a key role in the Quality Team, which we see growing substantially over the next 5-10 years. For this role we require an excellent communicator to develop the quality system, in process control and mentor others to give total quality approach through the day to day operations.
Main duties include:-
- Manage inspection activities, including Goods-In:
- Creating and maintaining work instructions, including product / customer specific documents.
- Assist Senior Quality Engineer with training in-process inspectors.
- Work with Production Planner / Managers to ensure there is enough capacity and lead-time for inspection.
- Team Leader responsibilities as new Inspectors join.
- Carry out internal audits, surveillance checks and re-approval of Inspectors.
- Carry out inspection:
- Review & validate in-process inspection, including some manual inspection.
- Jig & Gauge creation for inspection.
- Maintain inspection facilities and equipment to a high standard, including calibration control.
- Assist Senior Quality Engineer to develop product testing capabilities.
- Keep up-to date with relevant inspection technologies and processes.
- Workshop practical process knowledge.
- Good foundation level of engineering.
- Scanner and CMM competent.
- Inspection experience.
- Root cause analysis and managing the implementation of corrective actions.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Strong ‘can do’ attitude and work ethic.
- An organised and tidy approach to work.
- Excellent at prioritising daily tasks.
- Enjoys communicating with a wide range of people from all levels of the organisation and is able to discuss problems and work to a resolution in a positive, constructive manner.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com for our consideration.
Unless otherwise stated, hours are 37 per week, Monday to Friday, with some additional evening and weekend work when required to meet deadlines.
Salary negotiable based on experience. A three month trial period is standard.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.