3T is at the forefront of laser-based Additive Manufacturing (AM), also known as 3D Printing, in the UK, being the leading provider for both plastic and metal AM parts to a diverse range of industries including Aerospace, Automotive, F1 and Medical. We have a strong and motivated team and will grow significantly over the next 5-10 years in this exciting new field.
By joining 3T you will be working for a forward-looking, growing company whose focus is on providing the best quality and highest level of customer service. You can be a part of the future for British manufacturing and use some of the latest innovative technologies and processes. A friendly, professional and positive group of like-minded people, everyone at 3T is proud of the success the company has achieved to date, and is committed to ensuring we continue to be the best in the industry.
We currently have the following vacancies:
The Role: This is a key role in the Quality Team, which we see growing substantially over the next 5-10 years. For this role we require an excellent communicator to develop the quality system, in process control and mentor others to give total quality approach through the day to day operations. Main duties include:-
- Manage inspection activities, including Goods-In:
- Creating and maintaining work instructions, including product / customer specific documents
- Assist Senior Quality Engineer with training in-process inspectors
- Work with Production Planner / Managers to ensure there is enough capacity and lead-time for inspection
- Team Leader responsibilities as new Inspectors join
- Carry out internal audits, surveillance checks and re-approval of Inspectors
- Carry out inspection:
- Review & validate in-process inspection, including some manual inspection
- Jig & Gauge creation for inspection
- Maintain inspection facilities and equipment to a high standard, including calibration control
- Assist Senior Quality Engineer to develop product testing capabilities
- Keep up-to date with relevant inspection technologies and processes
- Workshop practical process knowledge
- Good foundation level of engineering
- Scanner and CMM competent
- Inspection experience
- Root cause analysis and managing the implementation of corrective actions
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong ‘can do’ attitude and work ethic
- An organised and tidy approach to work
- Excellent at prioritising daily tasks
- Enjoys communicating with a wide range of people from all levels of the organisation and is able to discuss problems and work to a resolution in a positive, constructive manner
To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for our consideration.
Unless otherwise stated, hours are 37 per week, Monday to Friday, with some additional evening and weekend work when required to meet deadlines.
Salary negotiable based on experience. A three month trial period is standard.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.