3T is at the forefront of laser-based Additive Manufacturing (AM), also known as 3D Printing, in the UK, being the leading provider for both plastic and metal AM parts to a diverse range of industries including Aerospace, Automotive, F1 and Medical. We have a strong and motivated team and will grow significantly over the next 5-10 years in this exciting new field.
By joining 3T you will be working for a forward-looking, growing company whose focus is on providing the best quality and highest level of customer service. You can be a part of the future for British manufacturing and use some of the latest innovative technologies and processes. A friendly, professional and positive group of like-minded people, everyone at 3T is proud of the success the company has achieved to date, and is committed to ensuring we continue to be the best in the industry.
We currently have the following vacancies:-
- Research Engineer
- Engineering Apprenticeships (two vacancies)
- Technical Sales Executive
- Lead Inspector
Full job descriptions are as follows:-
The Role: This is a key role for the R&D Team, which will grow in both size and cross-functional activities in the next 5 years. This position has a broad scope that can be refined according to the needs of the business and the capabilities and interests of the successful candidate. You will be working in a compact but effective team of 6 individuals each with unique and complementary set of skills. You will be contributing directly to our three-pronged approach to lean manufacturing – greener process, higher performance, functionally targeted materials. Your role will involve but not be limited to design of experiments, process monitoring and control, physical, metallographic, and mechanical characterisation of new materials and applications. Main duties will include:-
- Design of experiments for optimisation of high performance alloys
- Designing and optimising new support structures for easy removal during post processing
- Investigating best techniques for clearing of tubular and internal channel geometries
- Programming and controlling internal heat treatments – aim for AMS 2750 certification
- Metallographic preparation of some of the new materials
- Run all activities in one of the industrial collaborative projects
- Provide rigour in the process control aspect of production
- Report writing for internal and external projects
- Play a key role in the R&D department to become self-sustaining
- Assist the Quality Team in problem solving and root-cause analysis
- MEng or PhD in Materials of Mechanical Engineering
- Computer literacy on MS Office
- Knowledge of Minitab and/or MATLAB
- Knowledge of data manipulation through statistical analysis
- Strong ‘can do’ attitude and work ethic
- High attention to detail combined with ability to understand the wider picture
- Driven to ensure cost, delivery and quality is being met/improved
- An organised approach to work
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in taking on new tasks beyond the main duties
- Willingness to take ownership with accountability
- Design of Experiments for material development
- Report writing for collaborative projects
- End to end delivery of a collaborative project
Engineering Apprenticeships (two vacancies)
The Roles: As part of our development we have two vacancies for engineering apprentices to join our talented Additive Manufacturing team. These roles will sample various skills within the production teams prior to specialising in one area with ongoing employment in a growing company with career development prospects and potential for formal training up to degree level if agreed by employee and employer. The apprentice program is a key valued part of the 3T growth plan. Main duties will include:-
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
- Training will incorporate but not be limited to hand fitting/finishing, quality inspection, manual machining, CNC multi axis machining, modelling, Additive Manufacturing set-up and CAD design for AM optimisation.
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department.
- To undertake and successfully complete suitable college courses throughout the training period, achieving the academic grades and practical skills in order to entitle yearly progression.
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and Safety within an engineering environment.
- To learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.
- To maintain a logbook and work based evidence over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned.
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace.
- Good engineering knowledge with a methodical mentality.
- GCSE Grade C or above for English and Maths.
- Minimum successful completion of first year engineering course to either Level 2 or 3 standards.
- Good communication skills and willingness to learn.
- Good team player but will be self-motivated to work alone.
NB: Greenham Business Park is located four miles from Newbury Town Centre. There is an hourly bus service from Newbury Bus Station.
Technical Sales Executive
The Role: This role will play a key part in the account management of clients in increasing business growth and will be responsible for selling Metal and Plastic Additively Manufactured Parts. The role will suit a self-motivated individual who is looking to apply their academic skills into a sales environment. You will be responsible for contacting clients, producing quotations and targeted on orders made. The company offer an exciting challenge and training to help you succeed in this position. This role will report to the Sales Manager and lead the successful candidate in to a career within account management for several blue chip clients in the aerospace, automotive and motorsport industries. Main duties will include:-
- Manage a portfolio of accounts to achieve long-term success
- Develop positive relationships with clients
- Act as the point of contact and handle customers’ individual needs
- Generate new business using existing and potential customer networks
- Resolve conflicts and provide solutions to customers in a timely manner
- Report on the status of accounts and transactions
- Hit sales targets, aligned with company objectives
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
- Logging of all activities in company CRM
- Cold Calling
- A degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, Automotive)
- Experience within a sales environment is desirable
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of 3D CAD and mechanical engineering principles
- Business acumen with a problem solving attitude
- Driven individual with an entrepreneurial mind-set
The Role: This is a key role in the Quality Team, which we see growing substantially over the next 5-10 years. For this role we require an excellent communicator to develop the quality system, in process control and mentor others to give total quality approach through the day to day operations. Main duties include:-
- Manage inspection activities, including Goods-In
- Creating and maintaining work instructions, including product / customer specific documents
- Assist Senior Quality Engineer with training in-process inspectors
- Work with Production Planner / Managers to ensure there is enough capacity and lead-time for inspection
- Team Leader responsibilities as new Inspectors join
- Carry out internal audits, surveillance checks and re-approval of Inspectors
- Carry out inspection
- Review & validate in-process inspection, including some manual inspection
- Jig & Gauge creation for inspection
- Maintain inspection facilities and equipment to a high standard, including calibration control
- Assist Senior Quality Engineer to develop product testing capabilities
- Keep up-to date with relevant inspection technologies and processes
- Workshop practical process knowledge
- Good foundation level of engineering
- Scanner and CMM competent
- Inspection experience
- Root cause analysis and managing the implementation of corrective actions
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong ‘can do’ attitude and work ethic
- An organised and tidy approach to work
- Excellent at prioritising daily tasks
- Enjoys communicating with a wide range of people from all levels of the organisation and is able to discuss problems and work to a resolution in a positive, constructive manner
To apply for any of these positions, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for our consideration.
Unless otherwise stated, hours are 37 per week, Monday to Friday, with some additional evening and weekend work when required to meet deadlines.
Salary negotiable based on experience. A three month trial period is standard.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.